ELECTRICAL DESIGN SPECIALIST (Full-Time) – Ontario
DUROBYTE offers an innovative, dynamic environment where superior technology and custom product designs are applied to boost performance, functionality and productivity for our customers. Come join our team of experts who avidly transform concepts into inventive and original products.
As an Electrical Design Specialist, you will be responsible for designing schematics in AutoCad layouts and other diagrams to support the electrical engineering of projects to perform the intended functions safety and reliably. You will perform defined assignments under the immediate supervision of a senior team member and be self-motivated to independently learn about the relative technology and processes and keep abreast of leading-edge instrumentation technology.
Your ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members will be needed to work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and project team members to ensure projects met customer expectations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be needed for knowledge transfer of the drawings to others, promote value-added services to customers and complete required documentation.
Working under the supervision of a senior team member, and with a degree or diploma in Engineering / Engineering Technology / Electrical Engineering / Electrical Engineering Technician along with basic electrical experience, you will be able to do the following:
- Assemble small control panels and make minor modifications.
- Install software downloads and make minor modifications to PLC programs.
- Read and understand manufacturer’s drawings and manuals.
- Create bills of materials and requisitions.
- Receive and kit electrical parts.
Adherence to all environmental, health and safety and applicable legislative policies and procedures is a must. Proficiency with AutoCad or AutoCad Electrical, Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Outlook, with the ability to work independently, multi-task, problem solve, prioritize and complete projects within budget and on-time, rounds off the key qualifications needed for this position. To ensure our customers will be well serviced, your ability to travel throughout North America along with a valid passport and driver’s license is required. DUROBTYE offers an inclusive professional working environment, very competitive wages commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package.
The Electrical Design Specialist is responsible for creating the electrical design for the instrumentation, test circuits, and control system based on customer specifications and standardized design practices used at ATS Test, Inc. Responsible for successful completion of entire projects as part of an assigned project team.
• Design Concept: Works with software department, mechanical designers, suppliers and customers during the design process to design a system that will enable the machine to perform its intended function safely and reliably.
• Design Detail : Formulates and produces complete electrical design package which includes detailed schematics, I/O lists, panel layouts, bills of materials based on ATS Test Systems standard specifications, and the customers’ requirements.
• Design Debug: Works with customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers, and technicians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete functional system. Assists in system debug on the shop floor
• Commissioning: Member of the integration and commissioning team. Responsible for final setup and operator training at the customers’ facility.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical, Eplan and the ability to keep abreast of leading-edge instrumentation technology is essential .
- Electronics and Instrumentation experience including measurement analysis and grounding/shielding techniques
- Experience in basic printed circuit board design using op amps.
- Programming experience (Labview, C#, PLC, Vision)
- PID tuning for temperature, flow and/or pressure
- Good verbal communication skills. Able to deal with customers and other personnel. Able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Willing to work overtime and like to travel
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org