Durobyte Inc – Detroit Area
$65,000 – $80,000 a year
DUROBYTE offers an innovative, dynamic environment where superior technology and custom product designs are applied to boost performance, functionality and productivity for our customers. Come join our team of experts who avidly transform concepts into inventive and original products. Visit durobyte.com to find out why our progressive company is a great opportunity for you.
As a Controls Engineer you will be responsible for designing, applying and validating controls system to allow the specified functionality of machine control. Reviewing and approving mechanical/electrical drawings and customer and product specifications, apply best practices in design and documentation including schematics and spare parts for new and existing equipment. Your ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members will be needed in assisting others in commissioning and analyzing various PLC and electric interface problems and solving issues related to manufacturing processes.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills will be needed for knowledge transfer of the controls system to others, promote value-added services to customers and complete operating, process, maintenance, trouble shooting and spare parts documentation as required. With a degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering/Technology/Mechatronics/Industrial Automation, a background in hardware design and build, along with at least two years of practical industry working experience, you will be able to do the following:
- Program, configure and design Siemens PLC (Schneider Unity, Omron or AB Control Logix an asset)
- Ability to understand or develop machining and assembly process
- Understand how to use Industrial networks (Ethernet, Modbus TCPIP, Profinet)
- Debug and start up PLC systems
- Read and follow design specifications
- Commissioning and trouble shooting
- Basic understand of build process, mechanic, pneumatic, hydraulic controls
Adherence to all environmental, health and safety and applicable legislative policies and procedures is a must. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Solidworks and Autocad an asset) with the ability to work independently, multi-task, problem solve, prioritize and complete projects within budget and on-time, rounds off the key qualifications needed for this position. To ensure our customers will be well serviced, your ability to travel throughout North America along with a valid passport and driver’s license is required. DUROBTYE offers an inclusive professional working environment, very competitive wages commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package.
- Bachelor’s or 5+ years industrial control experience.
- Commissioning automated machines: 3 year
- Interacting with customers: 3 year
- Developing and debugging ladder logic, FBD, and ST: 2 years
- Siemens Step 7: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Ability to travel between USA and Canada