Junior Controls Engineer
Durobyte Inc – Ohio Area
$55,000 – $75,000 a year
DUROBYTE offers an innovative, dynamic environment where superior technology and custom product designs are applied to boost performance, functionality and productivity for our customers. Come join our team of experts who avidly transform concepts into inventive and original products. Visit durobyte.com to find out why our progressive company is a great opportunity for you.
As a Junior Controls Engineer your primary responsibility will be production support working under the supervision of Senior Controls Engineers. This position will require strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work under pressure in a high volume, high speed production environment. This is a great opportunity to gain knowledge and learn various controls and production systems. Other activities will be proactive maintenance, adding or modifying machine functionality, quality and data validation, drawing modifications. Your ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members will be needed as you work with others in commissioning and analyzing various PLC and electric interface problems as well as solving issues related to manufacturing processes. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are necessary for knowledge transfer of the controls system to others, to promote value-added services to customers and complete operating, process, maintenance, troubleshooting and spare parts documentation as required.
With a degree in Electrical Engineering/Technology/Mechatronics/Industrial Automation, a background in controls software, along with at least two years of practical industry working experience, you will be able to do the following:
- Program, configure and debug Schneider PL7 or Unity PLC systems and Indramat/Rexroth CNC systems.
- Understand how to use Industrial networks
- Debug and start up PLC systems
- Read and follow design specifications
- Ability to read and understand machine controls drawings
- Commission and troubleshoot
- Understand basics of mechanic, pneumatic, hydraulic controls
- Make drawing changes and reviews (ACAD)
Adherence to all environmental, health and safety and applicable legislative policies and procedures is a must. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook (Autocad an asset) with the ability to work independently, multi-task, problem solve, prioritize and complete projects within budget and on-time, rounds off the key qualifications needed for this position. To ensure our customers will be well serviced, your ability to travel throughout North America along with a valid passport and driver’s license is required.
DUROBTYE offers an inclusive professional working environment, very competitive wages commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package.
Job Type: Full-time (weekend and shift work)
Job Location: Ohio Area
- Commissioning automated machines
- Interacting with customers
- Basic understanding of ladder logic, function block, and structured text
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Schneider Electric, Unity Pro or PL7: (Strongly preferred)
- Rexroth MTC or MTX: (Strongly preferred)
Required license or certification:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org