CNC CONTROLS ENGINEER (Full-Time) – Ontario
DUROBYTE offers an innovative, dynamic environment where superior technology and custom product designs are applied to boost performance, functionality and productivity for our customers. Come join our team of experts who avidly transform concepts into inventive and original products.
As a CNC Controls Engineer you will be responsible for designing CNC systems and general control panels. You will perform defined assignments independently and be self-motivated to independently learn about leading-edge technology and apply learnings to improve processes.
Your ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members will be needed to work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and project team members to ensure projects met customer expectations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be needed for knowledge transfer of the drawings to others, promote value-added services to customers and complete required documentation.
Working under the supervision of a senior team member, and with a degree or diploma in Engineering/Engineering Technology/Electrical Engineering/Electrical Engineering Technician/Mechanical Technician, you will be able to do the following:
- Validate motor sizing and drives tuning.
- CNC programming.
- Experienced with Indramat (MTX/MTC) and Siemens (840D) CNC an asset.
Adherence to all environmental, health and safety and applicable legislative policies and procedures is a must. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook (Solidworks and Autocad an asset) with the ability to work independently, multi-task, problem solve, prioritize and complete projects within budget and on-time, rounds off the key qualifications needed for this position. To ensure our customers will be well serviced, your ability to travel throughout North America along with a valid passport and driver’s license is required. DUROBTYE offers an inclusive professional working environment, very competitive wages commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package.
- Define, design, develop and commission plant-wide control systems for industrial projects.
- Design the control system’s technical specifications and drawings such as: block diagrams, cable schedules, cable tray layouts, control panel layout and wiring diagrams, control system module wiring diagrams, junction box layout and wiring diagrams, logic diagrams, control narratives, and system architecture drawings etc.
- Client interfacing and needs assessments.
- Prepare the technical portion of the detailed control engineering scope, tendering packages, inspection and test plans, construction scope of work, and commissioning plans.
- Coordinate and communicate with all project stakeholders including contractors and process equipment vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Conduct commissioning activities on site to support the control system implementation.
- Design electrical controls systems for automated equipment, such as electrical panels, PLCs, robots and conveyors. Develop PLC logic using electrical prints and sequence of operations. Discuss projects with customers, controls and project managers.
- AutoCAD and/or EPlan
- Software and/or hardware design
- ControlLogix and/or Siemens S7 PLCs
- FactoryTalk ME and/or Win CC HMIs
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Must have a working knowledge of automated assembly systems, a good understanding of the basic theory of industrial control systems applications, design, and operation including concepts of power distribution.
- Capable of performing the following manufacturing engineering functions: Tooling, process & layout design; quality engineering, ergonomics and safety.
- Ability to troubleshoot and program machine controls (Siemens – Step 7, Allen Bradley – Ladder Logic)
- Strong project management skills – able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to support all shifts as required
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org